The Sad Farewell
By Sunwoo
We were outside the big, blue SUV with a sad look pulled on our faces. “Noooo! Please don’t go!” My grandparents were standing with their luggage clutched in their hands tightly. Unlike them, my sister and I were hugging them, like we were stuck to them with super glue. I thought about the week once again and felt like it had went by in a blur, I just couldn't believe that my grandparents were only staying for one week! "You guys have to understand its time for them to go, and they might even miss their flight." Those words kept on repeting in my head, even though I already knew that. I felt tears in my eyes, the tears were just about to come out. I just wished they would change their mind, to not go on a trip to Bali. After my dad came with his black, tiny car, he called out impatiently, "it's time to go!" I looked at my mom hopefully, them my grandparents. But they did nothing. I knew how impatient my parents were getting, but I couldn't help it. But then, I realized their flight was only 2 hours away! My grandparents slowly edged away and headed toward the black car. I let them go because I knew that their flight was going to leave soon. We said our last farewell and the tears I was holding in my eyes all came out.

Wow Sunwoo, you really captured this special moment of saying goodbye so well with your slice of post. I felt like I was with you right there. You are able to clearly show the emotions you were feeling. It's always hard saying farewell to the people we love. Thanks for sharing this moment with us.
ReplyDeleteMs. Kim
I really like how you really described how you said goodbye and how sad you were, I felt like I was there with you. You could put new paragraphs when somebody is speaking.
ReplyDeleteHey there!
ReplyDeleteI like how you showed how sad it was for you and your sister to say bye! I also really like your ending and beginning.
Nice job!
Taylor
I liked how you put good details.
ReplyDeleteNice Job ! I like the way you really zoomed into the moment where you were saying good bye . After reading your story I have no words your story was so touching .
ReplyDelete