Monday, February 9, 2015

Slice Of Life Challenge #5

 Feeding My Turtles Lettuce

            "Hey Sunwoo, do you have any pets?" Zara asked as we were heading toward the vault. "Yup! I have 2 turtles." "Me too! But there really big." That was how we started our 'turtle talk' until we went on the school bus. Exhausted, I went into my room to see my turtles. Just then, I remembered something Zara and I were talking about. I could hear the words exactly of how we said it. "What kind of food do you feed your red eared turtles?" Zara replied, "I feed them turtle pallets everyday and feed them treats 2 times a week." I was so curious by now."What kind of treats?" I asked impatiently. "Lettuce, carrots, egg shells, and so on" "Wow" was all I replied. I had only fed them turtle pallets before, I had never fed them anything else! So I rushed to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator . There were so many vegetables in the bottom shelf. Carrots, celery, onions, lettuce... LETTUCE! Finally! I took one leaf and split it in a quarter to give each of my turtles. Even though Zara told me that she gave her turtles one whole leaf each, I knew that my turtles were way smaller than hers, about 1/3 the size of Zara's turtles. The bigger one, Dribble, ate the leaf, gulping it down and literally shoving it in his mouth. On the other hand, Fudge only took one tiny bite of a lettuce and went over to where dribble was eating like crazy. But then, something amazing happened. Fudge started chomping on dribbles lettuce and when they finished that, Dribble went quickly to the other lettuce Fudge only took a bite out of. He started eating it and not long after, Fudge started eating his lettuce again. I was happy that they liked it, and if Fudge could talk, I think he would have said this at first: "My lettuce isn't very yummy. Dribbles looks very good. He is eating so fast! I'd better run over before he finishes it all!".... When Fudge starts chewing on dribbles lettuce: "Mmmmmmmm, this is so good!"



2 comments:

  1. Wow! It is cool how your turtles shared the piece of lettuce instead of eating their own. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really felt like I was in your story. Great story!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete