Friday, March 13, 2015

Slice of Life Challenge Day #13


                                                                Jump a Thon!

Our class was all standing in a line, walking to the elementary gym. I was so excited for the jump-a-thon! After all the classes came, we started stretching- and guess who was leading... Ms. Kim! After we finished stretching, Ms. Kim sent us off to get our jump ropes. Serena and I immediately ran to the place in the corner to start jumping. When I turned around, I couldn't believe what I saw. Ms. Kim was jumping rope with the boys! I looked at her for like 5 minutes and then went back to jumping rope. Just then, I remembered a trick my mo had taught me to do. I could already do criss cross with the jump rope, so my mo. Told me to try making the jump rope go around twice before I landed 1 jump. I tried it 3 times and it didn't work. I was sort of getting tired of doing it. Then, I started to build up momentum, and I knew what I was going to do next. I flicked my wrists around 2 times and landed. "I did it!" I screamed. Serena looked puzzled, "what did you do?" But I was too excited to answer. I tried it again and again until I could get it consistently. After getting it 5 times in a row, I wanted to continue jumping rope after I finished the trick. I tried it, landed, and tried to keep on jumping. I felt like I was flying in the air on the first jump after the trick. I did it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment