Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Science Fair

I quickly took out the computer from its black, leather, case. While the computer was turning on like for what seemed like an hour, I started to talk to my mom about the science fair Mr. Kimzey told us about. I had never done the science fair, and this was the last chance for me to do a science fair project, so I was very willing to do it. As soon as Mr. Kimzey said that we could work with a partner, Taylor and I exchanged looks. Finally, the computer turned on, but another kind of bad news: The wifi wasn’t working! Ughhh! I just really wanted to show my mom about the science fair! I quickly reconnected to the WiFi like 5 times and it finally worked! My hands were flying on the keyboard as I searched up Mr. Kimzey’s website. Finally, I got on the website, and clicked the science fair button. I was so desperate to show my mom about the science fair that I almost literally slammed the computer down onto the bed. My mom just said, “I’m too busy to help you..” I didn’t know that she misunderstood, and that she was not needed to help us. I immediately cried, “You don’t need to help us!” She looked confused for a second, but after that she looked like she had figured out something. She exclaimed, “Then,... Sure! You may do it!” But that wasn’t the end to this, I could finally ask what I had been wanting to ask for so long, “Can I do it with Taylor and finish the project by doing a sleepover together?” She hesitated, and finally, she decided to call Taylor’s mom and ask. I waited while chatting with Taylor how this might work out, and suddenly, my mom came in and said that we could do it together. After immediately telling Taylor that we were going to do it together, I started jumping on the bed, filled with happiness.

7 comments:

  1. I loved how you explain everything is great detail. Did you really cry? I also like how you added lots of dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow during when I was reading your story I felt as an expect writer wrote this nice job the only thing that I suggest is maybe next time instead of rushing everything thing take it step by step such as going inch by inch but other wise nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you have a lot of describing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt like I was in the story with you, but you need to put the comment and indent when another person is talking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you must be pretty excited to participate in the Science Fair! You are very good at explaining your emotions at each and every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope to see your project at the science fair im waondering whats its going to be about Im so desperate. :)

    ReplyDelete