Blocked Road
Our car raced through the street. Suddenly, a police with a vest on shouted out that we had to go in a certain way. Oh right, they were having Lee Kuan Yew's funeral at our apartment, I just remembered.
My mom hesitantly went the other way and muttered, "how are we supposed to go home now?" I just sat there, not knowing wha to do. Even though I wanted to find a way to get back home, I couldn't help a single bit.
My mom drove straight, because all the other cars were driving straight too. We just followed the car in front of us. Suddenly, we saw the sign of our apartment. But then the car in front of us drove off somewhere.
There was nothing else to do at this time, so my mom just opened her window and shouted to the police, "our house Is over there, so could we go there now?"
"Yes," the police said, "but you can't go the short way, you have to go the longer way." My mom sighed, and she drove off onto the road.
Finally, we were at home. I didn't know it would have been so hard to reach home.

Even though LKY was important. Was this so anoying
ReplyDelete