FINALLY! After days, and days, of plotting, sketching, and driving back and forth to houses, the final product of the comic book is right here, in my hands.
As you may know, Emily has been working hard on drawing, sketching, and coloring the plot of our story and bringing it onto paper to get ready to assemble the comic. (Drawing the comic would have been so confusing. It was even confusing for me just to assemble the comic!) Jiexin has also been working hard on writing the dialogue out onto the comic. (Since her handwriting is very neat.) Thanks to the help of our school and very trustworthy friends, I have finally been able to bring back the final drawn product of the comic book home. Now, all I have to do is photocopy and assemble the comic.
Here are the process/steps I took to assemble the comic.
Now that I have the comic with me, it’s time to photocopy! Thanks to my trusty printer and a very helpful mom, I was able to photocopy the other ten copies of our comic book for us to sell in the foyer on Thursday!
As you can probably imagine, I spent most of my Tuesday night working on the comic, on the table to sitting on the floor. I pieced the comic page together, slowly leading up to the final product. Of course, “The road to success takes a thousand steps.” I folded all 40+ pages of paper and neatly ordered and organized the into each book. Since my color printer was not working, I had to print in black and white, then had to color them again... A very complicated process. If you want to see the magic, effort, and beauty(?) behind putting a book together, scroll down. (With care, of course.)
STEP 1:
“This will be so much fun! It’ll only take a few minutes to finish!” If that’s what you’re thinking in the beginning, erase that thought. Remind yourself, that this process takes, hours, days, weeks, years, to finish.
Let’s actually start with the book now:)
STEP 2:
Put together the comic. As simple as that. But when you do it, beware of paper cuts and hands trembling while you are struggling to just get another piece of paper and add it to the individual comic. Why does this have to be neat???
STEP 3: (Not really a step, just some info.)
Finally finished organizing the papers in order. Why is just making 10 comics so hard? There is just so. much. work. to .do......
STEP 4:
Now, we have to staple. I found some blue staples somewhere on my table (I don’t know how) and finally could start to staple. If you’re thinking “This is probably the easiest thing,” you’re wrong. Be warned: Your hands will get red in the shape of a stapler from pressing it down. There are possibilities of you getting staples poking you in your hand. After you finish, you will have staples all over your table.
Finally! After many attempts, paper cuts, and bruises, the final copy of the comics are done! Now all that’s left is selling! Hope that goes well...
Other than finishing the comic, we also presented to Ms. Kim’s 5th grade class. Our bake sale there was a HUGE success. We told the 5th graders about the water crisis, and everyone wanted to donate! All treats but 2 were sold!!!
Here is a picture of the class we presented to:
NEXT WEEK:
I am proud to announce the finish of the water project! We will donate our money. Let’s all celebrate!
No comments:
Post a Comment