Wednesday, May 18, 2016

My Mathematical Year

Improvements I have made in math this year:
1. I learned to check my work carefully. For example, in the beginning of the year, I used to think just looking over a test was checking it, but now I actually go and check each question using paper and pencil. This also helped me improve my grades, because I can find mistakes and fix them.
2. I learned to show my work more. In the beginning of the year, I used to do everything mentally, but throughout this year, I learned to show my work on tests, homework, and even when I am taking notes.
3. I learned to not procrastinate and get more organised. Sometimes, I used to forget about homework and do it last minute. But in math this year, I learned to check my google calendar, put my homework on stickies, and I ended up getting better grades because I put more effort into it instead of doing everything last minute.

The piece of work I am the most proud of is the Millionaire Project. In the Millionaire Project, we were assigned to write a blog post "convincing" the readers that a fake company, Hardinge, McComb, Munden & co. was a good company and that they should invest their money into it. We also learned about interest and compound interest, and completed this booklet.
I am proud of my work for the Millionaire Project because I put the most effort into it, and also got a good grade. I not only finished the parts that was required, but I also finished the optional extension problems. I also thought I did a good job on the project because I got all of the questions right as well. Finally, I also found out how many percent of interest was needed to become a millionaire. (Earn a 1,000,000 dollars.) I liked how we all got to learn about interest and how it works.

Here is the blog post I wrote for the project



3 comments:

  1. You are a very smart and great classmate in math. THanks for helping me a lot when we were at the same table :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been such a great friend and you helped me a lot too! Thanks so much! I can't believe your leaving and going away from SAS! I will miss you a lot and I hope you find your new school as fun as SAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year has been full of wisdom and crazyness thanks to you! You've been fun to hang out with, and when things got too crazy, you brought me and many others back on task. Though I'm gonna miss you when you move, I wish you the best of luck in your new school!

    Thanks for an FANTABULOUS year!

    ReplyDelete