The 'Nothing' Day
"What is the answer" I mumbled to myself as my pencil was scribbling on a peice of paper. I had forgotten to do my Chinese homework and my Chinese tutor was coming today! I glanced at the clock, and realized that I only had 10 minutes left before class started. I now really started to rush.
Just then, I heard the door of my room opening. "Your parents are coming home early today." I knew it was my helper saying that.
"Yay!" I said in a not-so-excited-way. If my mom found out I didn't do my homework... um... I could already imagine it. I furiously scribbled on the chinese workbook.
"Click" there was a sound of the door opening. Uh oh... I thought. I just wished it would be my helper going to buy something. But just then, I heard my sister screaming, "Yay! You are here early!"
Once I heard that, I wrote the last paragraph so quickly that it looked like my hands were flying across the page. I heard footsteps coming closer towards my room. Just as I heard my door opening, I was done!
My mom didn't notice that I hadn't done my homework. She just said,"you don't have any classes today."
I was so confused. Why didn't I have any classes today? I had classes every day! And plus, there wasn't even anything special today! "Why?" I asked.
"It's Chinese New Year! Didn't you know?"
That's when I remembered, there was no school tommorow either! I didn't have any class today! Well, at least I finished my chinese homework for next week. That's how the wednsday before Chinese New Year became my 'Nothing' Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment