Sunday, March 1, 2015

Slice of Life Challenge Day #1


                                                     

                                                                    The Lion Dance

    The auditorium immediately filled with people chattering as the people that were dancing finished. We were all waiting for the lion dance to come up. As I was just about to play chopsticks with Taylor, a drum echoed through the auditorium very loudly. Instantly, everyone became quiet and were all staring at the lion dancing. More sounds of drums kept on coming in, and all the drums got were louder. Finally, after the kottick moment of the lion coming towards us and letting us touch them, they went back on stage. Everyone was screaming to let them touch more, as if the "lions" were a celebrity. They started to pretend to sleep while the people in the other "lion" was going on top of each other. Everyone was starting to scream by then.
              Finally,mthe last drum sounded and everyone started to clap. As soon as the lights went out, people became silent while they were waiting for the next activity to come up. But for some reason, even then, I felt like I could still hear people screaming in my ear.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment